VA Friendly Real Estate Agents & Sr. VA Loan Officers
Combining a Veteran friendly real estate agent with VA loan officer (especially when they work for the same company) can be a very powerful combination. Frankly, in today’s competitive market, this unique teamwork may be your only recipe for successfully negotiating the purchase of your ideal home using your VA loan.
At SoCal VA Homes, we are staffed with both Veteran friendly real estate agents AND Sr. VA Loan Officers. Nearly all of our staff are military Veterans who "get it." They know what its like to be you. And they are passionate about helping other Veterans achieve their home ownership goals! Our experience has shown that you achieve tremendous advantages and superior results from having BOTH under one roof which increases the strength & muscle of the team supporting your efforts.
Our Veteran friendly, "VA savvy" real estate agents and (what we call) Sr. VA Loan Technicians do it all for you! You can chose either our real estate services or our lending services or both services...it's up to you.
If you have a specific situation you’d like to discuss, call one of our Client Service Specialists today at 949-268-7742 and ask to be directed to a VA loan pro or a VA real estate pro.
Here Are The Challenges That You Unfortunately Face...
Here are the “market challenges” that a Veteran friendly real estate agent, who is truly "VA savvy" can help you overcome:
- Sellers ideally want the “substance” and speed to close of an all-cash offer – no appraisals or financing to get in the way the closing. They prefer a thick &juicy conventional offer vs. a VA buyer with no “skin in the game.” VA zero down and zero closing costs represent a limited commitment in the seller’s eyes.
- Sellers prefer the strong commitment of LARGE earnest money (Good Faith) escrow deposits from all-cash buyers and juicy conventional offers. VA buyers tend to offer slim earnest money deposits to escrow – smaller commitment.
- Sellers are resistant to the escrow terms typically written into a VA purchase contract vs. the alternative quick-close escrows of an all-cash buyer or the often more rapid escrows common to conventional buyers.
- Sellers don’t like the “VA non-allowable” closing costs that must either be paid for by the lender or paid for by the seller, thereby increasing the seller’s closing costs.
- Sellers don’t care for the stringent inspection standards required and conservative valuation results produced by the VA appraisers. This is in contrast to no appraisal required from an all-cash buyer or a different type of appraisal (not VA approved) produced for a conventional buyer.
To overcome these obstacles, you'll need a team that is committed to you and your goals.
Within the lending industry, it's not uncommon to find that you are just a number in their computer data base, or a cog in their giant impersonal machine where your experience is definitely NOT Veteran friendly, but feeling more like being back in boot camp or basic training. They say, "We do VA loans," but what does that really mean?
Worse still, with real estate agents, there can be a lack of commitment or experience. We get phone calls all the time that sound like this, "My agent isn't calling me back. Or, "We made an offer on a home or condo and just before the deal was supposed to close, we found out the project wasn't VA approved!" - All too common...and sad.
Work with Veteran friendly real estate agents who have experience flexing their "VA savvy" muscles! And make sure they have a tight relationship with a Sr. VA Loan professional. You earned it, so you deserve the best support!
If you have a specific situation you’d like to discuss, call one of our Client Service Specialists today at 949-268-7742 and ask to be directed to a VA loan pro or a Veteran friendly real estate agent.